10 week Strength plan

Week 10 complete! 4hr Z2 ride all on the turbo was tough for the last hour but made it through.

Throughly enjoyed the last 10 weeks despite COVID complications. Hopefully can complete it next year without such issues! Onto a test and then base!

3 Likes

Great work! Really impressed with your discipline given the Covid / no gym situation. Will be following your progress closely this season, I’m sure it will pay off.

1 Like

How is everyone making out here? I just finished hypertrophy. The start of my 3 hr zone 2 ride on Sat was somewhat rough haha, once the legs warmed up it wasn’t to bad. Yesterday group ride I did a trail ride for as I typical due since I am not doing any group rides during COVD. I have really enjoyed using my mountain bike for the harder/higher intensity rides as the terrain demands it. My legs were on fire on some tech climbs but managed to push through and felt great later in the day. My gym has since closed so I have modified my plan somewhat but I will push through and ftfp as much as I can.

One thing I want to note, this is probably the biggest/heaviest training block I have done and honestly I did not think I would feel this good at this point. I really think a lot of this ties into the winning in the kitchen meal plan I have been following from @Lacey_Rivette and the way @FRANK has designed the plan. The last two week I have had 19 hrs on the bike and 8 gym days. Yes, my legs are sore but I am not tired, my mood has been good and I have been sleeping good. I have been motived and ready to crush every session and I am not even training for anything specific other than to improve myself. I have not been weighing myself since I am hitting the weights and I know what the scale is going to say but it doesn’t matter at this point to me because like I said, I have felt fantastic the past 5 weeks while on the weights and bike.

I found the weekend rides during hypertrophy really tough. Legs felt like wood! But managed to get through them.

It’s actually be great seeing my bike hours and this CTL drop off as that is the point of the programme. Saying that 7hrs of riding over the last weekend is clearing setting me up for base, which begins with ftp test tomorrow!

I have a few weeks left on the weight lifting plan. As a masters athlete I am curious if I should continue lifting into the season on some sort of maintenance routine?

Also keen on this answer as I am considering doing the 3 strength exercises but doing just 3x5 once a week during base phase and then stopping until next off season.

Once you complete your weight program, you are done with squats and leg presses and all the heavy stuff. FtFP your sweet spot plans.

1 Like

Thank God for that :joy:

I am in the weight program. 43 years, 73kg. Muscular type of rider (no small climber :-)). But I can only manage 10kg (22lbs) in the single leg curl (hypertrophy phase). It seems low? Or not? Weak hamstrings?
I can also get it into a 90 degrees. Pushing it forward to my ‘butt’ seems impossible? Is this normal or… :slight_smile:

I thought same as you so asked PT about this …he says 10kg is okay and warned not to overdo this one.