Results from 10 week resistance plan

Hi all,

I finished up the 10 week resistance plan a couple weeks back on 4/10. I have to say I was lifting poundages I’d never thought I see again as a Masters 50+ athlete so was very pleased with the results. Since I worked out at home I had to substitute in front squats and deadlifts for the leg press and leg curls so the workouts were pretty tough especially the two hypertrophy weeks. I’m glad to be done and be rid of the constant underlying leg soreness when I ride.

Anyway I gained over 3 kg over the course of 10 weeks and since finishing have kept all that weight on. Did anyone else gain an appreciable amount of weight from this plan and how quickly did it come off? Just wondering if I will lose some of this naturally during the 16 weeks of sweet spot or if I will need to be more diligent with my diet.

thanks for sharing your experience,

James

1 Like

@jamesstevens hey buddy, I also put on between 4 to 5lbs (depends on the day) though had to scale back to medium jerseys and tighten my belt a bit more. To your question, it still hasn’t come off. I have been conscious about cleaning up my diet, cutting down on indulgences, and being more purposeful about serving size and veggies. I am hopeful as the CTL climbs to the high 80s low 90s, with a clean diet that “race weight” will show up again. That said, I am feeling strong and setting PRs with the additional weight and leg strength.

1 Like

@tim.cahhal thanks for the reply and good to know. I am also putting out good power numbers for this time of year so won’t stress too much for the time being. I have 4 more months before cross season starts so we’ll see what happens over the summer.

1 Like

I’m sure some of it is muscle weight. I gained at least a pound or two of muscle.

1 Like

For sure! I’m not too worried about it for my first two gravel races. I certainly hope to take a couple of lbs off before Crusher and in Tusher though…

1 Like

Yes I found the weight just fell away gradually as I moved into the 16 wks of SS. So it will drop off with a bit if discipline :+1:

1 Like