Weight training

Just coming to the end of the season and going to take a few easy weeks then I’m looking at getting some strength training in before diving into my 18 weeks of sweetspot training. Never done any leg work in the gym so don’t have any idea how to go about it. Just wondering what you recommend I do. Thanks :grinning::+1:

Hiya @son200219uk - you are smart to plan to lift weights.

In our 10 week weight lifting plan we explain everything to you: sets, how much to lift, how many reps, etc…

There’s also a training tip that describes as well

Here’s the plan: https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/weight-lifting-for-cycling/

and here’s the training tip and podcast : https://fascatcoaching.com/tips/weight-lifting-for-cycling/

Thanks very much. Before I purchase the plan. How many days off lifting per week and also how many days on the bike. Just trying to make sure I’ve got enough time for everything. Thanks very much for the quick reply frank :grinning::+1:

It varies - look at the 2 week example calendar and we cover that in the podcast and training tip so listen and read :nerd_face:

Hi there
putting my two penneth in.
I’m a new fascat customer and one of the reason that I joined was due to the weight lifting plan.
I have done weights in the off season before and found it made a massive improvement to this middle aged man. I wanted a plan that had the weights in the centre of the off season plan and I’m excited about what the results will be. Fingers crossed
The podcast is worth a listen

2 Likes

Thanks for the input mate. Definetly going to try this plan :grinning::+1:

1 Like

The FasCat off-season resistance plan is awesome, I just did it for the first time and got help from a strength coach. My form wasn’t good enough with the barbell, and so we modified plan with alternate/accessory lifts using dumbbells and kettlebells. Those have the advantage of establishing the functional movement patterns necessary to progress to loading with higher weights. Good article here explaining the movements and how to progress:

Proper form is absolutely critical, don’t guess, get help!

2 Likes