Weight Loss Meal Plan

Interested in the new plan but unsure which one to get as a 171 lb guy, the 140-170 or 170-200? If it works I would expect to dip below 170 but am currently at or slightly above.

1 Like

Hey @ryanolson! I suggest going with the 140-170lb option as you will quickly drop below that 170# mark, making that plan more ideal for your long-term weight loss goals :slight_smile:

Get it! The meal plan is fantastic and super, super easy to follow! All of the recipes are amazing too. The recipes also welcome creativity, so don’t be shy.! It makes life so easy, zero stress about what to eat and when. I love to cook and meal prep and the plan is an absolute home run! FTFMP!

4 Likes

Thanks Josh, that means a lot to me!
I am beyond stoked to see you and other FasCat athletes getting excited about nutrition because of the work I put in :star_struck:. Makes those hours of staring at spreadsheets more than worth it!

4 Likes

Hey @Lacey_Rivette are all ingredients for the plan easily available in europe ?

1 Like

Apologies for the delay in this response, but yes you should be able to find them all easily as they are pretty basic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Lacey_Rivette Cheers and thanks for getting back to me

2 Likes

@Lacey_Rivette enjoying the plan so far. I find it a challenge to eat 1 cup (dry weight) of oats with the extras, this probably double what I am used to. Should I be trying to get up to that or is it ok to dial it back a little?

1 Like

Hey Ryan! If you are able to eat the 1 cup try to. However not everyone is a huge breakfast eater so don’t force yourself to eat beyond your fullness. To make up for missing those carbs, add in what you miss to your lunch or dinner. So say your meal plan calls for 1 cup of oats but you are full after eating 3/4. Then you could simply add 1/4 cup of extra rice to your lunch/dinner.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really enjoying your meal plan. We just polished off a few Rocket Wraps using tuna. Delicious.
Thank you @Lacey_Rivette

2 Likes

Is there a lazy way to enter the meal calories from Weight Loss Plan into My Fitness Pal.
Finding it a pain to enter ingredients separately for each meal.
Maybe there is a set value of calories/protein etc
given for each of the meals in the plan and I’ve missed it?

My goal with the meal plan was to take out the guess work so you do not have to count calories, however if you prefer this approach I can provide you with the macro breakdown for the meal plan!

That would be great. Thank you @Lacey_Rivette

@Lacey_Rivette so update on the plan, the tweaks seem to be working and the weight is coming off. For sure an energy drop but it is temporary. Question, I like the way the plan gives you balance and organization so when I go back to maintenance, where is the best place to bump the calories? More carbs like increase the rice portion?

Awesome, excited to hear you are seeing results @ryanolson
I eventually plan to develop a weight maintenance plan, but if you move into maintenance before then you can do the following:

• Increase 1-2 of your carbs by 1/4 of a cup (100 extra calorioes)
  • Add in an extra tbsp of oil/nut butter (90-120 calories)
  • Increase your protein portions by 2 ounces (another ~75 calories)
  • And/or add in another 100-300 calorie snack during the day

The amount you will need will depend on your personal energy expenditure, but I wouldn’t start out by adding more than 400 calories. If you find you are still losing weight, then bump it up another 100-200 calories.

1 Like

Is there a way to purchase the meal plan outside of training peaks?

@ibike - You can purchase the plan and I can send you all of the documents or you can directly download them from trainingpeaks. You do not have to keep the plan in your calendar to follow it.

1 Like

@Lacey_Rivette so I finished another 4 weeks of the diet and still did not lose any weight. I stopped using oil, only took on 20 g of carbs per hour on the bike, rode more, and even missed a few lunches, especially on the weekends where the rides were bigger.

I guess it is back to fasting and carb periodization for me, probably the only thing that works for me.

Hey Ryan!
Sorry to hear that you are still not seeing the results.
As you likely know, there are many factors that come into play when it comes to weight loss. But I am interested as to what could be causing the lack of progress.

Would you mind if I send you an email to link you to our coaching account briefly so I could compare your actual training/Kj burned per week to the level of the plan you are on? That might give some insight as to why you haven’t been able to drop any weight.

1 Like

Sure no problem, thanks for digging into it.

1 Like