Sync training peaks and zwift

Hello All:

I am new to all of this and I did the ramp test on zwift for my FTP.

1. Where do I find this data on Zwift or Training Peaks or Fascat?
  2. My next workout is Sweet Spot 3x8. How do I find that on Zwift, if I can, and will Zwift create that workout for me?
  3. Maybe the question is how to load a workout from Training Peaks to Zwift?
  4. A Zwift question: I looked for Erg mode on my phone which runs my Zwift and I couldn’t find it? Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Mark
1 Like

Hey @markgronemeyer this is how you sync your Trainingpeaks to zwift.

Here is also a helpful forum thread: Exporting Your FasCat Training Plan to Zwift (its so easy) w/ video Demo - #11 by Jake

Once you do that, relaunch your zwift app and the workout you have scheduled each day in trainingpeaks (but not future ones) will be in your workouts under “custom workouts.”

To turn erg mode on and off, you can choose to do it for an entire workout by choosing it before starting the workout (see image below)
Or you can turn it on/off during your workout by hovering your mouse over the bottom of your workout screen on your computer (see image below)

If your previous workouts do not upload into trainingpeaks, then you can log into your zwift account at zwift.com and then go to your activity feed and click on the workout. Then you will download the fit file and manually upload that into the day you did it in your trainingpeaks. Here is a screenshot of how to do that on zwifts website:

Once you have all that set up and loaded in, you can set your power zones using that FTP test by following these instructions:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lacey

Zwift says my max Power output was 274 on the ramp test. Do I enter that in the Fascat spreadsheet or subtract 5% and then enter it?
Also since i did the Ramp test yesterday should I skip a day before starting my 3x8 sweet spot workout?
thanks
mg

Hiya @markgronemeyer - we have good news and bad news, which do you want to hear first?

I’ll answer that for ya :wink:

The good news - I think you’ll be able to figure out your FTP from your test

The bad news - our plan (the one you bought) prescribed a 20 minute test which is different from a ramp test

Maybe you will arrive at the same numbers but we can’t tell you your FTP from a ramp test like we can from the 20 minute test prescribed in the plan.

What you want to do now that you have one of our plans is to follow it exactly, each day, day by day, for the entire length of the plan - this is what we call FtFP’ing:

2 Likes

So could I do the Zwift 20 minute ftp test and use that?