Resistance plan: Adaptation/MTI day

Hello,

I’m starting my winter training with the resistance plan this year, I am Currently moving into week two of the adaptation phase. My question is, on the days which entail an adaptation Workout and also a MTI workout, Are these best completed straight after one another with less of a warm up/down in z2 for the adaptation workout, Or should I separate the two with 8 hours during the day, and have more of a warm up and down for the adaptation workout.

Enjoying this plan so far and hoping it will help me up my sweet spot capabilities when I start the 18 week SS plan

Many thanks

Joe

1 Like

I recommend doing the lifting first. That is what the focus of the training is with the resistance phase. Plus you’re trying to build towards your max so you’ll want to be more fresh for that. You’ll be able to complete MTI intervals with the lifting in your legs. May hurt more but you’ll get through.

As far as time gap it’s up to you. But if time you can go right from lifting to MTIs. It depends on your time. Some will do lifting AM and ride in the PM.

3 Likes

Week 1 for me, can someone please elaborate the following…
“In between each separate lift, we recommend working on your core strength. A single set of ~25 sit-ups and a single set of ~15 back extensions would be a good goal”

Does that mean after Squats do the sit-ups & back extensions, then repeat again after Leg Press and again after Leg Curl? or
Set 1 Squats, Leg Press, Leg Curl, Sit-Ups, Back Squats
Set 2 Squats, Leg Press, Leg Curl, Sit-Ups, Back Squats
Set 3 Squats, Leg Press, Leg Curl, Sit-Ups, Back Squats
Set 4 Squats, Leg Press, Leg Curl, Sit-Ups, Back Squats

Does that mean after Squats do the sit-ups & back extensions, then repeat again after Leg Press and again after Leg Curl?
Yes but after “Each Separate Lift” is my understanding

2 Likes

So that will be 75 sit-ups & 45 back extensions per set? :cold_sweat:

Yes, but that is a suggestion and may not be a starting point for you if your core strength is not great. Start off with 15 sit ups and 10 back extensions (45 sit ups and 30 back extensions total). Then the next time you can bump that up.

2 Likes

@malcolm.isaacs I think what you are asking is if you rotate between each exercise. So I think it would look like this in the adaptation plan:
– 4 Sets of Squats… set of ~25 sit-ups and a set of ~15 back extensions
– 4 Sets of Leg Press… set of ~25 sit-ups and a set of ~15 back extensions
– 4 Sets of Leg Curls… set of ~25 sit-ups and a set of ~15 back extensions

Or at least, that is what I’ve been doing, just like @efty19 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming that @traxxtar unfortunately the state our gyms right now is “grab a machine when it becomes available” core will have to wait until afterwards.

2 Likes