RE: Sweet Spot 1-3 Review

Thanks Frank, when I started back up consistent training this year, I was probably at the heaviest I’ve been, around 290, as a result of lots of stress at work, and honestly poor diet and very inconsistent training. I’m down around 250 or so now, but continuing to lose more, the cycling made a huge difference, but also cleaning up diet, without being super restrictive.

My ultimate goal would be to get down around the 100-90KG range, which for me was the best when I was cycling a lot a few years ago, and honestly that feels much better as well. The improvement from the weight loss has been big, taking about 1min30 off of my local climb segment in Montreal city (part of the ProTour lap up the mountain).

Motivated to keep things moving, and I’ve got the resistance plan to use this winter. I think the biggest question would be, with less time for outdoor, should the indoor rides just focus on the Z2 endurance/base range, or add some intensity, if the soreness from the resistance work isn’t too much?

1 Like

Frank, just finished SS1 as part of my build up while we are still in deep winter here in Montreal. As far as my weight loss, it is continuing well, currently at 240, and most recent field test I was able to hit the same number, even with more weight loss from my last test.

5 May 2020 Field Test, 255FTP, weight around 285

5 Jan 2021 Field Test, 285 FTP (indoor test) Weight 240

Currently doing the Tour of Sufferlandria as a bit of a change of pace, before a regeneration week and then into SS2. I certainly feel that the 300 barrier will be broken this year for sure. Thanks again for the great plans!

3 Likes

HECK YEA @herbertmcgeorge that is awesome… I think I’d lean to say there are some bonus #happinesswatts happening for you too after such great progress!

Keep us updated on your progress and as always, keep on FtFP’ing :wink:

1 Like

Lacey and team, apologies for the late response, but things have been going great! Down to 105KG, and FTP is now at 310, feeling good, and FTFPing about 3 weeks into the Polarized plan.

6 Likes

You are crushing it @herbertmcgeorge!
Talk about steady and consistent progress!! Any events or personal goals lined up on the calendar this year?! I know racing up in Canada is still slim to none… but hopefully you are able to get out and make use of all those watts!!

@Lacey_Rivette No events in particular, although some of the Fondos and other events may happen later in the year. I’ve potentially looking at Grinduro as a nice event to enjoy later in August.

For now, just enjoying the training, which is making group rides with friends on the weekends a lot of fun.

1 Like