Planning out CX season - do i need to change anything?

(Submitted by Radek via email)

Hey Fascat!
Im in the second week (38 week of 2020) of Six Weeks till Cyclocross: CX Specific Intervals + Running - Basic I’ve bruised my ribs, so I’ve got a break because of pain who foreclose running, plyometrics and hard rides. I can only make easy rides and stretch. I expect the break will be 2-3 weeks and I think I will be ready to continue that plan from the 3rd week for 100%. It’s not a problem for me. I made changes in the plan - I removed my priority A Race for 15.11.2020 (46 week - 2nd start of CX season) - earlier priority A was at 25.10.2020 (43 week -1st start). Now the plan looks like:

Done:

37 week - 1st week of Six Weeks till Cyclocross

38 week - 2nd week of Six Weeks till Cyclocross - injury (and back of karate for couple of weeks)

39 week - break and attempt to continue 2nd week of Six Weeks till Cyclocross

Planed

40 week - break (stretching and foundation work)

41 week - 3rd week of Six Weeks till Cyclocross with start at the “Scott Cyclocross Challenge” race at Sunday (priority C - last attempt before season) instead of “3 hours Groups or Hard Ride”

42 week - 4th week of Six Weeks till Cyclocross

43 week - week of CX RACE & RECOVER: IN-SEASON with start at the “Stevens CX Cup -1st ed.” race at Sunday (priority B)

44 week - 5th week of Six Weeks till Cyclocross

45 week - 6th week of Six Weeks till Cyclocross

46 week - week of CX RACE & RECOVER: IN-SEASON with start at the “Stevens CX Cup - 2nd ed.” race at Sunday (priority A)

47 week - week of CX RACE & RECOVER: IN-SEASON with start at the “Stevens CX Cup 3rd ed.” race at Sunday (priority A)

48 week - week of CX RACE & RECOVER: IN-SEASON without start

Is it a good plan or do You think I need changes? Of course I want to buy CX RACE & RECOVER: IN-SEASON plan, but first I would like to confirm that I need that plan not another one :slight_smile: I hope in CX RACE & RECOVER: IN-SEASON plan there is a type of the week with Sunday’s race? In my Stevens CX Cup all races are on Sunday!

Hi. That’s my question above. I pump up that topic, because I need to know what to choose (buy) for 43 week and next from 46 week?
CX RACE & RECOVER: IN-SEASON vs. CYCLOCROSS INTERVALS
Maybe I have to restart from 41 week with 2nd week of Six Weeks till Cyclocros (I’ve done it in 39 week) and tried repeat weekend again of it during 40 week? 3rd time the same week it’s not so funny, but if it needed, I understand :wink:

So if I understand you correctly, your first cx race is October 15th? and then another one in November?

I suggest our six weeks to CX followed by our Cyclocross Intervals.

If you have already do both then get into the CX ‘Race n Recover’ - and bank all that hay in the barn :wink:

My first race od Stevens Cup is 25.10.2020. Because of injury and break I relocated A priority from 25.10 to 15-22.11. I thought, it’s needed to finish “6 weeks to CX” and continue next one promgram (“CX intervals” or “CX Race’n’recover”). I understand that CX intervals will be prefered before CX Race’n’Recover. But what about restart 6 weeks to CX after injury and mixing with 1 weeke CX intervals during 43 week (first race priority B) - is it good idea? Be more fresh before 1st start (but not in peak form yet)?

I would not recommend mixing and blending in workouts from both plans…

So cyclocross intervals now > October 25th race - finish the plan and then more into the CX Race n recovery and do your next race Nov. 22

Good luck!