Cyclocross 2022

Hi,

I’m planning my coming season. I have a decent base, mostly from mountain biking but no racing. I’d like to start racing C races in September and peak late November and December.

I will take a recovery week next week and then thinking about doing the CX sweet spot plan, followed by 6 weeks till cyclocross and finish with race and recover plan?

Does that make sense or should I skip any of the above so I can do the CX interval plan?

Also, what do you do on Saturday if you are racing on Sunday? Endurance miles or openers?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

#Cyclocross is COMING!

So if you have a decent base , do our SIX WEEKS till CX plan and forgo the summer CX Sweet Spot plan.
Then here is your plan progression to peak for end Nov/Dec:

We also have a six weeks to peak for Nationals if you can squeeze that phase in your schedule:

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I have that plan as well. I got the whole cyclocross bundle.

1 Like

@remy.forgues

Also, what do you do on Saturday if you are racing on Sunday? Endurance miles or openers?

You could actually do both. maybe an hour of endurance followed by openers aiming for no more than 100 TSS and try to not be more than -5 on form (TSB) for race day.

Do you take a recovery week after the CX intervals plan or do you roll directly into the race and recover plan?

Hey @remy.forgues - you can roll right into the next plan.

But you can also take a recovery week if you want!

who’s going to CX Nats? anyone in the Mens 50-54 race?