I feel the need for speed!

My very first race are the nationals Masters 60+ in two weeks from now!
And where will it be held? The F1 GP circuit of Zandvoort Netherlands.
I have completed sweetspot 4, intervals for timetrials, intervals for roadracing and currently half way in the inseasan roadracing plan (all intermediate).
As a chicane for Max Verstappen is a flat out diagonal for a stretched peloton, I feel highly inconfidend that I have enough speed to complete a race that will have a 45+ averaging speed at the finish.
What exercises would help me to find speed and confidence in only two weeks remaining: HELP!

1 Like

Do you have some fast friends? Fast group ride where you can reach speeds like this? its going to take a big gear and/or some really fast legs! Grab some fast friends and draw out a course with a finish line that mimics the finish of your race. Work on timing for the sprint. Not a sprinter? Hopefully you can force a break :slight_smile: Good luck! Not sure if there are some sprint workouts worked into the in-season road but those would probably help. I’ll let a coach give you recommendations on that!

1 Like

Thx for the suggestions, but in the mean time the nationals have been posponed until October😭
I am doing VO2 max criss/cross, zone 5 2-3 minuters,
Tabata’s and over/unders. Getting the TSS and IF of the trainings but all on big gear and not the top speeds. I am training with young amateurs, but these are hard to follow in their trainingregime.
Training behind a motorcycle is one of the options I consider of picking up. Only to persuade my son to pace me😐