How Should I adjust my plan? When to Hire a Coach

Question from @david.rafeedie

"I’m currently in the middle of the 6 week SS plan. My A ride is the California Death Ride in July. After the SS plan, I intend to start the CDR plan that Nadia released to Training Peaks. Before the CDR, I plan on riding the Assault on Mt Mitchell - 5/20 in the Asheville area - you guys should join us and the Blood Sweat and Gears ride in June.
How should I adjust my SS training to incorporate the AOMM ride coming up? It will be after the first recovery week of the SS training plan. Also, as this is a 103 mile ride, what is the proper way to approach the actual ride from a power prospective? Should I try to stay in Zone 2 for the first 75 miles of rollers prior to the serious climbing that takes place the last 28 miles? When it comes to the 28 miles of climbing at the end of the ride, I know the power required to make the 10-12% climbs will well exceed my FTP (140-160% of FTP is my estimate). As this portion takes 2-3 hours, can you tell me the best way to manage this part of the ride?

Many thanks for your great podcasts and training plans. The training plans and power meter have been a game changer for me. I’m so looking forward to seeing the great results I intend to reap.

Good questions - this is 100% a custom coaching solution for the training plan revision you are asking about which we’ll be offering here real soon.

1 Like