How much sweet spot?

In the article below, “how much sweet spot should I do”? it mentions that in season a beginner is doing 45mn of SS per day. Does this mean a beginner is prescribed over 5hrs of SS per week? Or does it mean within a training plan, the beginner is hitting 45mns of SS on certain days, ie 2-3 times per week?

Taking beginner as an example but same question applies for all categories - thanks…

1 Like

We don’t advocate doing SS workouts 5 days per week!

Quote from the article:

“In this training tip we are explaining how much sweet spot training you should be (or will be, if you are following a plan) doing on the days your training plan prescribes sweet spot training.”

So your second option is correct; 2-3 times per week depending on the training plan you’re on, time of year, etc.

2 Likes

The article has always confused me for targetting amount of sweetspot training time. It says “daily” in orange. See screenshot below. Article comes from: How Much Sweet Spot Training Should You Do? – FasCat Coaching

Agree it was confusing for me also because of that word but the reply above (and common sense in hindsight) now make it clear.

1 Like