Haute Route Alps

Hi there, I’m doing the Haute Route Alps starting on the 25th of August and I’m currently doing the 18week Sweet Spot plan and plan on completing the Haute Route 6week plan before the event.
Question is how long before should I be completing the Haute Route Plan before the actual HR Alps Event?
Many thanks

1 Like

The Haute Route Plan actually finishes with the event as the last weekend of the plan. So you will have the taper to the week of the ride in the 6 week plan. You will start plan 40 days before the start of Haute Route.

1 Like

G’luck Mitch - you are in for a real treat with those climbs in the Alps!

1 Like

Perfect :ok_hand:t4: thanks a lot for the info, makes things easy for me. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’m super stoked to be doing the Alps. Never been so excited to get my head kicked in as much as this event. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi There

Im doing the SS 18 week plan at the moment and will follow up with the Haute 6 week plan as I am going on a 5 day Pyrenees trip next June. I live in Gibraltar, near Southern Spain so plan to ride the hills round my areas during the last weeks before my trip, so will probably try do two weekend long hilly rides plus one weekday if possible. When would you suggest I finish the Haute Plan, or you reckon I should combine it with my weekend rides.