DK 2020 Rider Riders/Racers

Curious to know how many FasCatters will be riding/racing some version of DK in 2020. I’m in for 200. All ya’ll? Please pull if this is an inappropriate use of the forum.

4 Likes

Congrats on getting in! I will be there! It’s great to know of other FasCaters out there.

2 Likes

Coaches @Isaiah, myself and Coach @Allie will be there too! Of course Coach Jake - it will be a short ride for him :joy::joy:

6 Likes

200 here as well. I got the “sorry” letter at 2pm and then the “we’re charging your card, congrats” at 5:30pm… Kind of confused by that part but they allegedly did the same thing with the Leadville entries this year.

4 Likes

related, after searching I’m unclear on when to end the 6 week gravel plan (adv hilly - it’s just what I have in the library) before the race. Possibly a better plan to do before? It seems like that last week is bit of a taper but I’m also not a coach :wink: Thinking I’ll redo SS3 and then the gravel plan (or whatever’s recommended).

Apologies if this doesn’t fit and blow it up or move if needed. I have thick skin :slight_smile:

Awesome! Talk about a mood swing. Good luck with your training. #ftfp

2 Likes

I’m in. It will be my 3rd year in a row racing the 200! So stoked.

4 Likes

I’m in 200 DK Virgin :flushed:
. Let’s get this!

2 Likes

My goal is to “race” DK again. I’ve finished 21st and 20th overall the past two years and 3rd in the 40-44 AG both times… that’s what happens when there is no pro divsion :frowning: . I’ve been behind current and former pro bike races both times.

I will be using Fastcat plans as my basic outline. For me it’s 18 weeks of SS and then road race intervals. I know for me to be able to hang with the front group, especially as that group gets faster with all the hitters coming to Emporia, I need to hit all the zones including a lot of threshold and VO2. It’s want I’ve done the past two years and it’s totally worked… for me… I just use the road race interval plan and then do big “simulation” rides on the weekends.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan @jmwalsh2 - be sure to check out the podcast with just published this morning with Pete Stetina and his power data. Nothing remarkable per se - a chill 1st 50 miles then the :hammer:dropped when Phinney laid it all out like the Arenberg forest.

I found it interesting that Pete did 195 watts for the last 14 miles and 38 minutes of the race being cracked.

We will see you and everyone there!

1 Like

Question. My longest ride is a century. I’ve been doing SS for about 10 weeks. I’m competing in BWR and DK200. I was planning on starting the gravel plan 6 weeks out from BWR but now that I’ve pulled the golden ticket for DK should I follow the recommendations above? I think BWR will work great for a simulation for my DK plan. One other thing, I’m pretty much off the bike the week after BWR for business. Thanks.

You should continue with your sweet spot plan as is and then do the gravel plan 6 weeks before BWR. That is basically the plan I am doing since I will also be doing BWR. You will want to be prepared for that. That in itself is a 150 mile ride with loads of climbing!

It would be beneficial in April to get a few long simulation rides in before BWR and also before DK. After BWR there is not a lot of time to recover and put in more than 1 Longer simulation ride. However like you said BWR is one in itself!

After BWR it is good that you are getting a forced week of recover. Then you should repeat week 3, 5 and 6 of the gravel plan leading into DK200.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info … I’ll #FtFP.

3 Likes

I got in also, now I just have to #ftfp

4 Likes

This will be my 4th year at DK and I will be doing DKXL. This is my first time using a training plan for DK, so I am excited to see the gains. Boulder folks, let’s get a group together for Sunday long rides.

6 Likes

Hey Darren and fellow DK200 and beyond psychos. I am also forming a list a names for long training rides and will check back on the forum in 2-3 weeks to check in!

Yeah Steve!!! Let’s do it. I have Sundays and Mondays off from the shop. I will definitely be doing back to back long days.

I’m in for DK200 as well. Second one for me. Boulder area people- let’s do some training rides together!

2 Likes