Which part of SweetSpot to skip?

Hi Fastcat,

While planing 2022 training season I noticed that I do not have enough time to fully complete the full gym phase plus SS part1,2&3 (32 weeks TP) until the start of XCO nat’s (coming 6 weeks short).

So my question is:

Since I don’t want to skip gym phase and don’t want to show up to racing season undercooked (without intervals). Which SS part should I skip ?
Should I skip part1 and do SS part 2 and 3 or skip part 3 and do SS part 1 and 2?

For context I’m 29 on a advanced plan for 2 years now (so kinda experienced with strutured training and sweet spot).

If you need any clarification hit me up.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Pedro!

You are right you will want to get interval training in before your goal race. This is why it is important to plan in advance when laying out your training plan.

I would recommend you doing the 10 week resistance, sweet spots part 1 and 2 and then going on to your interval plan. This would be the best approach. Sweet spot 3 starts to introduce some more intense efforts and you will get that with your interval plan. During sweet spot 1 and 2 you want to build your CTL up as much as possible. That is the ultimate goal.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks coach Jake.

That was the clear answer that I was looking for !

Best regards :slight_smile:

1 Like