Regen Week Question

I am working my way thru 18 weeks of SS. I just completed the hardest week yet. I was pretty exhausted/tired after the weekend.

Coming from another platform - usually recovery weeks are Zone 2 rides. Just curious what is the logic behind more SS and a 3 hr SS ride on Saturday during the recovery week? I obviously want to hit next week with the most power and feel ready to smash it for 3 weeks.

I came from that platform too. In base they had a recovery week every 6 weeks whereas fascat is every 4 weeks so you are not so tired when the recovery week comes around. I found with a whole week of z2 rides I was bored and didn’t do them all. My legs felt dead when I had to go hard the next week. So far I like the fascat way, only 3 rides and some intensity keeps both your mind and body in the game. After the Sat ride you have 2 days to recover. You have to try it and see how you respond.

3 Likes

I came from that platform as well, I have a regen week next week and I think it looks great. Personally doing all z2 on recovery weeks (sometimes 1.5-2 hrs never really felt to aid in recovery for me) just left me flat and not feeling fresh. You made the switch for a reason, so why not just ftfp and see how it goes?!

I’m not sure fascat’s logic but I do think some intensity over the regen week will be good!

2 Likes

This is my first structured plan, I had my first regen week on the 18 wk SS plan 2 weeks ago and the following week I noticed improvements on the following workouts both with respect to power & HR. Trust the process and keep on FtFP’ing!

Cheers

1 Like
3 Likes

yeah i agree. I think its probably more mental than physical. The last 3 weeks were pretty hard and Saturday’s 4.5 hr SS group ride left me drained. On Monday I thought the plan sounded insane but my legs have bounced back and I completed 90 mins workout with 30 mins SS last night with ease.

2 Likes

:+1: you sound really confident now. That’s great.

2 Likes