Newbie questions

Hey guys,

I currently train with another software that makes it simple to plug and play plans at any point in time. I see some of your plans and I want to give it a shot but ai did have a questions or two. I have a mtb race 4 weeks out. I was looking at the in season plan but it’s a 6 week plan. Probably a dumb question but is there a simple way for the user to adjust? I guess I wonder how people know what to take out in those instances. I try to plan in advance races but sometimes don’t know if I’ll be able to go until I’m closer.

My second question was with the FTP test. I try my best to get outside but utilize my trainer a lot during the week due to time constraints. If I test outside and get a number is there any adjustment to be made for doing the intervals inside based on outdoor power zones?

I appreciate anything you can clear up. Like I said, I don’t have to think about it now I just plug in the discipline and race date and everything schedules on it’s own. So not super familiar with training peaks yet.

Hi @Mitch2651

You may apply any start date and then also may copy and paste whole weeks

No not at all. You have one physiological threshold

What other software are you using? That would help us understand what features , we are talking about.

Hope this helps and good luck with your training,

@FRANK Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

I have been using TR for a couple years. So if I have a race I plug in the date and the plan calculates off of that. I guess my question was if there aren’t a perfectly even number of weeks to the race ( like 6 week interval and 6 weeks until race) does it automatically adjust in TP or do I have to figure out what I am taking out to make it fit in that time window?

Sounds like he’s using Traineroad.

Yes sorry wasn’t sure of the etiquette. Trainerroad is what I have been using.

No worries - just need to know what features you were referencing.

So if you have a race you are training for work backwards in weeks. Our plans are modular in 6 week increments.

Apply our MTB Race plan using weeks 3, 4, 5 & 6 prior to your race date.

Select the start date from 2 weeks ago in order to get weeks 3, 4, 5, & 6 to line up properly.

@FRANK thanks so much for the help!