Originally published at: https://fascatcoaching.com/tips/ftfp-meets-winning-in-the-kitchen/
Perhaps the two most important pillars of the FasCat Coaching ethos, following the plan and Winning in the Kitchen go very hand in hand. We’ve podcasted about them separately but realized that they fit together nicely, so we have a bit of a combo episode for you today to revisit these topics to keep you inspired as winter rages on. Winning in the Kitchen is about choosing go fast foods and setting the conscious intention to prioritize nutrition as part of you training – and sticking to that plan, just like #FtFP when it comes to training.
The origin of FtFP comes from our coaching experience and noticing bad training habits. #FtFP is having a training plan and following it. This is also where we got the expression “If you can follow a plan, you can get faster” – this is based on being able to FtFP:
- Time Management
- Life Balance
- Having your ducks in a row
- Having the mindset you are going to follow the plan come hell or high water
Very rarely does anyone miss a workout intentionally. It’s the details of what they do/don’t during that workout – Missing 15 minutes of a workout here, or not having your ducks in a row there. Great example is of a new training tip from Coach Isaiah “Know your zones” https://fascatcoaching.com/tips/know-your-zones/
- Guess the route from the elevation profile of the new logo contest on the social medias next week, and win a free training plan!
- What Plans Should I Do if I got into the Dirty Kanza – good forum thread: https://forum.fascatcoaching.com/t/get-into-dk-what-plans-to-do-from-feb-may-30th/4619
- What Plans Should I do if I got into Leadville – also on the forum
- What Plans Should I do for Steamboat Gravel? – foooooRUM: https://forum.fascatcoaching.com/t/guidance-on-training-plans-for-sbt-grvl/4441
“How to Pair and Sequence the FasCat Training Plans” podcast from January of Last Year: https://fascatcoaching.com/tips/how-to-pair-and-sequence-our-training-plans/
Winning in the Kitchen Recipes:
General Tso’s Tofu – amazing and doesn’t take that long! This recipe comes from a google search arriving at https://veganhuggs.com/general-tsos-tofu/
Vegan Mac n Cheese inspired by: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-green-chili-mac-n-cheese/