Difference in FTP for Zwift and TP

Good morning from snowy and cold Iowa.
There is a difference between my Training Peaks zones and those that show up on my workouts on Zwift. I know how to change it on Zwift but am not sure how to find the correct number for my FTP. Can you tell me what my FTP is or how to access it. TP says my workout tomorrow is SS at 156 watts and Zwift will come in under that. Zwift says my FTP is 169. My workout today was 4x8 minute intervals at 145 and TP said 4x8 minutes at 187.
I apologize for all of my questions but this is all new to me and I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my workouts.
thanks
Mark

Hi Mark!

Your FTP is your peak one hour power. Most determine this by doing a 20 minute full gas effort and take 95% of that to determine their FTP. Did you do a field test? Without doing a test it is really hard to tell what your FTP is.

But if you have done a Zwift race you can look to see what your peak 60 minute normalized power is. Or look for you peak 20 minute power in TrainingPeaks and take 95% of that. To find your peak 20 minute power on TrainingPeaks you can look at your dashboard. If you look at the power duration curve or the power profile chart it will show your peak power for the different durations. Make sure the date range is around the last 90 days.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.38.12 AM

Chances are your FTP is set differently in TrainingPeaks than on Zwift. Here is how you set your zones in TrainingPeaks.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I did do a 20 minute test on Zwift and I think I have stuff entered correctly into Training Peaks. What do I do to get data into the sweet spot excel spreadsheet?
thanks

In the spread sheet in the FTP you will put in 95% of your 20 min power. So say my ftp was 250 watts, I would enter in 237. Then put your average HR for that 20 min into the “threshold heart rate” box (you do not take off 5% for HR). In the example below i used a threshold HR of 171.
Once you put those in, the spreadsheet will automatically calculate your zones and you put those into your TP like coach @Jake did in the video that is linked in the training tip above.

1 Like

Lacey
Thanks. As soon as I sent the email I figured it out.
Mark

1 Like