I just purchased the CX Season Bundle. Trying to lay out my plans in the right order leading all the way to Nationals. Please help on where to start and if to do Race/Recovery v. CX Intervals mid-season
I’m a Cat 2 CX, road, and mtb. Not much racing, but a lot of training this spring, trying to focus on good prep and no burnout for CX this year (my main discipline). I wanted to try a different coaching strategy this year, and bought the CX Season bundle. Can you help me layout my season to make sure I’m starting in the right point now. I have a good base, but figured I would start with with the Sweet Spot Plan this week. This means that I would skip the Race/Recovery plan.
My current bike training has included lots of z2, some MTB races, Tuesday Night Worlds.
Off the bike I have 1 day core, 1 day leg lifting, 1 day running
Right now, I laid out the following:
- CX Summer Sweet Spot, 6/24 -> 8/4
- 6 Weeks to CX, 8/5 -> 9/15
- First major race, 9/14
- CX Intervals, 9/16 -> 10/27
- 6 Weeks to Nationals, 10/28 -> 12/8
- Nationals, 12/10 -> 12/15
This perfectly lines for 4x 6 week training plans. Is this the best layout? My alternatives could be:
- Start with SST, skip Race/Recover
- Start with SST, skip CX Intervals
- Skip SST, do the rest in order