Carbohydrate intake

I’ve followed Fascat for some time now and for the life of me can’t find or remember any discussion about carbohydrate intake the days leading up to a big event i.e. Unbound or 200+ miles. I’ve looked through the forums and can’t find anything that speaks to the idea of consuming additional carbohydrates the 2-3 days leading up to the event. Is there any data that supports or debunks this idea?

Apologies to my fellow coaches if I’m wrong, but I don’t think we’ve covered this yet. Maybe a good idea for a training tip or podcast.

I think this is a good overview from Asker Jeukendrup.

Hey Christian-
I appreciate the link and there is some interesting information with regards to that research. Full disclosure, I’m a Fascat athlete with Coach Jake, and I’m sure if I asked him one-on-one he’d have a great answer. However, I figured I might not be the only one considering this idea which is why I posted it here. Maybe this topic would be a good consideration for a podcast? For myself, I have a race coming up in a couple of weeks that’s 200+ miles, so any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated!