Canyon Bike Buying Experience?

Hi Folks,

I’m in the market for a new road whip, and I’m looking hard at a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX. Anyone out there have experience with Canyon Bikes and the buying/fit process, customer service, etc.? I’ve never purchased a bike from a direct to consumer brand before and am a little nervous about taking the plunge. Thanks!

I have a canyon endurace. I’m 5ft 11 and normally ride a 56cm with 60mm stem. My canyon is a medium and is perfect. The order process and delivery to here in the uk was excellent.

Oh and the bikes excellent.

2 Likes

Just to add. Their prices have shot up since I purchased my canyon around 2 years ago.

1 Like

I bought a Canyon Grizl when it was released and the buying experience was great. Shipping was fast and everything needed to put the bike together was included. I usually ride a 54 and went with S which fits great. Definitely will consider buying a canyon again when the time comes.

2 Likes

Hello

I have purchased 3 Canyon bikes in the last 3 years.
Buying is the easy part.
When things break is when companies show their true colors.

My Canyon Lux had a frame break 4 weeks before Leadville. No fault of Canyon, hit a stick in a weird spot on my derailure.

After massive panic calls and e-mails Canyon sent me a brand new frame with 2 weeks to spare. Their customer service was amazing.

I buy nothing but Canyons because of it.

2 Likes

I got a Lux 2 years ago. It’s been great.

My only annoyance is that Canyon was out of stock on the derailleur hanger for most of 2021 and I had to buy a very expensive 3rd party one. However with the global transportation crisis I cut them some slack.

1 Like

I recently bough a Ventum NS1 road bike. I haven’t received it yet but the fitter I used (Ivan O’Gorman) recommended it. You can customize everything and the prices seem better than the big brands. Also they have the new Dura Ace 12 speed so that sealed the deal for me.

2 Likes

Thanks @OffTheBack! I’ve been considering the Ventum NS1 also! (IOG is my fitter too.) Anyone else out there have any experience/insights on Ventum bikes?