Advices on FTP test and SST Vol.2 hours

Hi coaches, did i say i love everything on FasCat ? You guys rock!

I have started and i am almost on half on SST Vol.1, 4-8 hours trainer friendly [ because i ride on zwift a lot] the plan is perfect so far! So… i want to buy SST Vol.2 but i have a two questions.

1. Is it smart to do the same hours 4-8 or should i buy it 8-12h per week ? Not talking about how much time i can invest in FTFP but in terms of which is better to have more gains ?
  2. After finishing the SST Vol.1 do i need to do another FTP test or should i move to Vol.2 ?

Thanks guys, love the platform and the podcast are awesome :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Z

2 Likes

@zdrave

Thanks for the love!

Firstly, nice work finishing off SST1.

1. If you have the time to both train the extra volume but also then have the time to devote to recovery as well, then yes I would go with the intermediate plan.
    The other thing to keep in mind though is since you mentioned you spend a lot of time on Zwift, if you will be able to handle that volume (we do not recommend doing 3-4 hour weekend rides on the trainer). So if you need to still mostly be inside then I would stick with Basic, but if you can juggle the extra time both in and outside then I would go with Intermediate.
  2. SST Vol2 has a test to start out the plan so don’t worry it’s coming :wink:
1 Like

Thanks for the answer @Isaiah i appreciate it a lot! :smiley:

I would plan accordingly and choose the hours on the Vol.2 so i can jiggle with outdoor.

About the second question, SST Vol.1 has test on the end of the program, but SST Vol.2 also has test on the beginning, do i need to do the FTP test at end of the SST Vol.1 or should i just continue FTFP and test maybe at the end of the Vol.2 ?

Regards,
Z

1 Like

If you feel you have gotten stronger and your HR/power decoupling has gone down then I would test again to see where you stand after the SS1 plan. If you feel the zones are still aligning correctly then you can wait till the end of SS2.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Clear as daylight! :smiley:

Thanks again Coach Isaiah! Stay safe and fast. :smile_cat:

Regards,
Z

2 Likes