What's the difference difference between PHIL’S STRAVA KOM PLAN and HILL CLIMBING INTERVALS

What’s the difference difference between PHIL’S STRAVA KOM PLAN and HILL CLIMBING INTERVALS plans?

The physiology’s are the same the approach is different. It really comes down to what you are training for.

From Phil’s plan:
Choose a Basic, Intermediate or Advanced plan based on how much time you have to train, your age and ability level. No matter which plans you choose, you’ll ‘enjoy’ all the nastiness that makes Phil faster: VO2’s, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot work specific to a plan customized for Strava segments greater or less than 15 minutes. You’ll perform a Strava “Field Test” at the beginning, middle and the end of the plan so you can measure your improvement and get that PR and/or KOM.

Thanks @FRANK.

I bought the Phil’s KOM plan last fall, haven’t looked at it or loaded it into TP. The hills around Vancouver are about 12-16 km and average 6-7%.
There are no races that include these climbs, but there are a few fund-raiser timed events.

I’m 67 years old and am in about top 5% in my age group on these climbs, 30 percentile of all riders. I want top spot for my age group. And show those whipper-snappers that age isn’t necessarily the limiter. I have to outpace Father Time.

I also do travel to SoCal once or twice a year, and would like to get a killer time on, say, Gibralter. Similar profile to my local climbs.

Phil’s Plan or Hill Climbing? I can take a beating in training.

Thanks.

1 Like