TP Adjustment - Two Days Off

Hello FasCat Coaching,

From 01/07/20 to 2/27/20, I will need Tuesday and Thursday completely off in my training schedule due to my work/school schedule.

May you adjust this for me? :slight_smile:

Thanks!
-Chris

Hi Chris!

Can you make sure to share your TrainingPeaks account with us. Once you do that we can go into your calendar and make the adjustments for you.

Thanks!

1 Like

I just added permission on TP :slight_smile:

Hi Chris!

Ok I switched the workouts around to accommodate Tuesday and Thursday off till February 27th.

So Wednesday needs to be the most intense workout as you will be around two rest days. Made sure to keep the long rides on the weekend. Mondays are just going to be easy zone 2 rides. You’ll be fatigued, but these are just maintenance rides really.

If you have any questions let me know and I can make some more adjustments for you. See how the first week or two goes and let us know!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Jake! I appreciate the fast update on my workout plan!

You’re welcome and Happy New Year!

Hi Jake,

I will be in Colorado Springs from July 13 to July 20 and I want to use this time as a training camp.

Can you adjust my training schedule for this week so I can take advantage of my week off to train hard?

Thanks,
-Chris

Sure thing Chris! What are your travel days exactly? Available to ride any duration planned everyday? I can put in a typical training camp training scenario. But just want to know exact travel days as those will not be training days and if there are any other days committed to something else.

1 Like

Hi Jake,

I will be arriving in Denver at 8:00 am on July 13 and flying back early morning on July 20. I think I can get in a short workout on July 13th since I still have the whole day for myself.

Also, my training plan is going to be over on July 12, so I was thinking I should apply another program of “road racing in season”. Let me know your thoughts and if you think I should I will add it.

Thanks!
-Chris

Hey Chris,

It looks like you have been doing a lot of intensity as of late with your intervals. You don’t really want to do intervals all summer long. It would be good to break that up a bit. Your peak CTL was 87 and after doing a long interval sessions your CTL has dropped. Typical as you do more intensity and less volume. I would recommend you doing sweet spot 2. Building back your aerobic engine and fitness back up and then moving into intervals agin late summer, maybe our sweet spot 4 plan. After all that you ca transition into a typical fall / winter plan.

1 Like

Hi Jake,

I spoke with Frank and I will be getting the Sweet Spot Part 4 program after my current program ends.

Keep me posted on the training plan program for July 13 to July 20.

Thanks a lot!!!

-Chris

Hello Jake, I loaded the Sweet Spot Part 4 program in TP.

Hi Chris!

I have you set up for next week. Mostly just TSS targeted rides with the type of intensity you should look to get. The TSS target for the week matches one of your biggest TSS weeks you have had. Then you will have a rest week afterwards before starting sweet spot 4. I moved sweet spot 4 back two weeks. While in Colorado is a good chance to do a ‘training camp’ like you mentioned. Also being at altitude is not the best time to start doing some Vo2 max intervals. You will want to save those for when you get back.

Also you may want to lower your FTP in your Garmin by 5%. This is to take in account the altitude. Trying to reach the TSS targets without lower in might mean you are actually riding harder than you should.

So the second day being there, the 14th, will you best day to have your biggest day. Then I put in a medium tempo day to follow and then a zone 2 day. After that will be a rest day so you can have 2 more good days before you leave. Again after the rest day is a great time to do a big hard ride, followed by whatever you have left on Sunday. Watch the high intensity early on as you will be riding longer. The TSS will come from duration as opposed to intensity. Sweet spot is good for this. Avoid trying to set any power records the first couple of days.

When you get back it will be important to rest! You will have come off the 18 week sweet spot plan, a training camp, time change and training at altitude. So don’t over do it so you can start the sweet spot 4 plan fresh and ready smash!

2 Likes