SS, Intensity, Next?

Coach Jake,
SS and climb intervals are complete, what’s next for keying on BWR? I’ll do a race simulation this week for the July 4th race that got cancelled but after that I’m wondering what I should be doing for the next 6 or so weeks.

BTW, that climb plan is not easy! I did notice that efforts above SS on the weekend group rides were far easier to achieve after several weeks in the plan. So, testimony that if you train those zones above SS it helps when the group starts attacking and keeps attacking!

Kip

Hey Kip!

So this may get a little complicated but if I were to lay out a plan I think I would go with the following. There is 18 weeks to BWR.

Week 1: Simulation ride
Week 2: Mid season break. Big race is not till November 8th and you have been at it a while. Take 4 days off. Easy zone 2 rides by the weekend.
Weeks 3 - 6: First 4 weeks of sweet spot 2. Open legs back up.
Weeks 7 - 12: Sweet Spot 4 plan.
Weeks 13 - 18: Gravel Plan

1 Like

Coach Jake,
Sim ride complete, felt pretty good throughout. I gave inserting your 18 week plan into TP a shot but somehow I have an extra week. When you get a moment mind taking a look and seeing where I went wrong? Many thanks!

Kip

Hey Kip!

Yeah I could have been wrong myself! :joy: So let me take a look at the plan and help you get squared away.

Ok I think I have it squared away for you now. Just added some rest weeks in there and moved a few around. Let me know if it makes sense and check back in with how things are progressing so we can keep you on track.

1 Like

Thanks Coach Jake. I took a look at the PMC for the plan through to BWR and noticed a steady decline in TSS with just a little build up bump near the event. Also, TSS doesn’t get back to where I am currently. I am assuming this is intentional.

The zone 2 rides in sweet spot 4 go off of heart rate and there are no planned TSS with those. This is to keep you from going to hard trying to hold zone 2 power while the heart rate and perceived exertion increase. But you will accumulate TSS obviously and won’t show till you actually do the ride. If you wanted you could plug in 45 TSS per hour for these which would be close. See what that does for you.

Coach Jake, I knew that per the podcast for SS4 (Thanks for the reminder!)

1 Like

Even I had to go back in and looked at it closely why. Once I went through the workouts I was like oh that is why.