How to analyze Sweet Spot Group rides for time spent in Sweet Spot?

Just did my first Weekend Sweet Spot free ride. Wondering how to analyze the data the easiest to determine how long I spent in Sweet Spot?

1 Like

Hi Cameron,

the best way to do analyze your time spent in your sweet spot zone is go to your workout and hit “analyze.” Then scroll to the bottom and you’ll have a few charts - one is, power by zones. It’ll show you how much time you spent in each zone.

Have a great day,
Coach Allie Legg

1 Like

Hi
Just an example of what are you looking for

If you hover the mouse over any bar will tell you the `Range, FTP, Time and Precent

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Lucsi

3 Likes

thanks for sharing this!!

You all very welcome
Best regards
Lucsi

1 Like

@adlerlucsi Can I edit the zones in some way to reflect my sweet spot zone?

Hi
Yes you can on trainerpeaks please click on your avatar.top right corner select zones and edit the zone
Caution please ensure you select the power zone for your power and HR for heart rate
I also recommend to use your last FTP details

If you have the app on you phone also you can click on “More” after “Settings” “Zone” select “Default” edit and change the required data

Hope this helps

Best regards
Lucsi

1 Like

@adlerlucsi I think I just have to go on the website to do it, can’t really figure out how to manually set them on the app. Only gives me the auto calculate option.

The only hiccup is it doesn’t show your sweetspot exclusively 
i.e. it shows other zones as well which are part of Sweetspot parameters. Dunno if that makes sense 
 here’s a screenshot!

Hi
So if I am correct the Sweet Spot is a range between 84% to 97% of your FTP
That means the Sweet Spot can fluctuate between the 2 Zones.
Also, if I can kindly suggest reviewing in more detail the workout maybe you can try the TrainingPeaks premium trial or some very in-depth analysis you can perform with Golden Cheetah for free.

Example

I am using a coached option from FasCat but again also I am too new to comment on the coaching
But I note, more I try to answer and understand the cyclist’s questions I learn myself more :slight_smile:

I hope this helps a bit

Best Regards
Lucsi

The way we’ve designed your sweet spot TSS rides is if you ‘make it turn green’ and come home with the prescribed TSS, then you’ll have sweet spotted the Goldilocks amount.

Notice the prescribed IF value in the workout - that factors in the amount of sweet spotting you’ll need to do in order to achieve the prescribed TSS in the prescribed duration.

Honestly, I do not even use the bins or time spent in zones because that’s not how bike racing works and I find the bins to not work except for steady sweet spot power which again is rare in bike racing.

Simply use real time TSS during the ride to dose out your effort in the prescribed duration and when you’ve achieved that TSS you know you did the right amount of training

2 Likes

@FRANK thank you, this is a very simple way to look at it. Do you know of there is a way to get real time TSS on Zwift?

1 Like

I don’t think there is. I use my Wahoo ROAM on the handlebar while I’m Zwifting to get real time TSS

2 Likes

Due to atrocious weather here have been unable to get 3hrs and prescribed tss done today so guess the color for today’s workout is amber😔 but as you say @FRANK 
Do the best you can!

hey there,

same here. I am not getting around this and got a red as well
 it’s frustrating and somehow not motivating. but I get far fewer hours done on the indoor trainer, but it is always way way harder. so I can’t say what the science behind it is, but a 1 hour workout on the trainer doesn’t give that much ‘points’, but again, I am working for it and it does make me better.
next week or so, you will see that you were not slacking on that indoor bike :wink:

1 Like

Don’t be disappointed with doing less training indoors. You should be doing less indoors. Look to complete around 70% of the indoor training time and TSS. You can even get a bit more TSS by riding more tempo and sweet spot pace even on zone 2 days since you will be riding less time. But with the higher aerobic training (tempo, sweet spot) you get the higher workload.

So instead of 3 hours zone 2 and 150 TSS you can do 2 hours 120 TSS and really won’t be far off from what was planned.

If you wanted you could change the planned duration in TrainingPeaks so that you get green. This is fine if you are riding indoors as we recommend you do less indoors. Most of us, if not all of us, don’t need to be doing 4 hours on the trainer nor would we as coaches give that to our athletes that we personally coach. That is a benefit of the one on one coaching as we can design a plan around this.

6 Likes