Edamame as a snack

Hi! I’m preparing to begin the Winning in the Kitchen Meal Plan for weight loss. I see that edamame comes up a lot as a snack. I’ve never tried edamame - is there a preferred way of preparing this? - Thanks, Morgan

Hey Morgan!
Edamame is soybeans that are in the pod. You can find them in the frozen section of the grocery store. I recommend the kind that are already fully cooked as you can portion those and throw them into a ziplock to take with you on the go. You can also find the kind that you steam in the bag. I’ll share some common brands below.
Fun fact, edamame means steamed beans in Japanese :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’m steaming a package right now. Ftfmp.

1 Like

What did you think? If you haven’t had it before, its definitely a new taste!

Hi Lacy,
Not a big fan of edamame . What are your recommendations for substituting edamame? Thanks Lacey.

Hey @clubgiant !
Depending on your dietary restrictions you could do any of the following (all of these are within the 100-150 calorie range:
2 boiled eggs
1 boiled egg + 1/2 cup grapes or grapes
string cheese + 1/2 cup berries
1 can of tuna (packed in water ~80 calories) + 1/2 oz plantain chips or a rice cake (personally dont care for them lol)
1 can of tuna + 2 tbsp hummus, guac, avocado or 1/2 tbsp mayo + 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
1 nonfat plain greek yogurt + 1/2 tbsp honey and handful of berries.
1 small apple + 3/4 tbsp nut butter
1 tbsp nut butter + celery (5-10 stalks)
3/4 cup baby carrots + 2-3 tbsp hummus (check calories – 3 tbsp if <50 calories per serving)
1 oz crunchy chickpeas (example below)

2 Likes

There’s always Winning in the Kitchen Snacks! Clif Notes: Fruit n Almonds (or nuts)

You the best - thanks!