Winning in the Grocery Store | Nutrition for Cyclists

Cook book, cook book! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the official tally on cookbook requests?

1 Like

I’m all in for a cook book. Working on the FasCat nutrition right now. Going to do a 4 week block now before thanksgiving and then will do another block the weeks leading up to Christmas. These will be a foundation to eating better. My slide weeks in between won’t be off the scale, but I might branch out a little bit.

Winning in the kitchen is easy—so is losing in the break room. My plan is to win in the kitchen AND the break room. I am going to eat more than 6 almonds w a snack but I’ll still be way ahead from eating the other stuff that is brought in my office. Keep up the podcasts, looking forward to the book.

1 Like

Yesss!! Please make the cookbook

1 Like

The research has shown that any animal meat, wild, farmed, synthesized, whatever, causes your endothelial cells in your blood vessels to stiffen after consumption. Bacon for breakfast, a hamburger for lunch and chicken or steak for dinner and your blood vessels never relax. Check out Dr. Esselstyn for more details. Or Dr. Michael Greger from nutritionfacts.org who shares research of Yale athletes who vary between plant-based versus meat-based meals and the impact measured on night time erections. It demonstrated the restricted blood flow that animal products have on the entire body, not just that particular area.

Count me in for the cookbook! I would hope it’s not only a “typical” plant-based cookbook but one really focused on cycling with sections like:

• Pre-race meals

• Fuel for the Ride

• Post-Ride Smoothies and Snacks

• Recovery Meals

and so on. Take your expertise and focus it on cycling and you’ll have something very unique and it should be a game-changing best seller!!!

1 Like

I looked for some things by both the docs you mentioned; wasn’t really convinced based on the vagueness of the meat eaters’ diets in their studies, readings, statements, etc. Also, I didn’t find what it is as the primary influencer in meat that causes the endothelial cells to stiffen; is it the meat or the fat? I’ll have to keep looking later.

I would purchase the cookbook as well. Please consider doing it!

Thanks!
Dave Cencer
Cadillac, MI

1 Like

I would love a simple Winning in the Kitchen Cookbook!

1 Like

I would love for you to produce a Winning in the Kitchen Cookbook! (And yes to including options for gluten-free diary-free non-vegans :smile:)

1 Like

CoooooooookBooooooooook!!!

Thanks a bunch for all the info Gents.

1 Like

+1 for the cookbook !

+1 more for the cookbook.

1 Like

+1 for the cookbook, I would definitely buy one!

I’d buy a cookbook if the emphasis were on simple go-fast meals that prep pretty quickly and work well for athletes, especially for packed meals, etc. Seems like most ‘healthy’ cookbooks focus on beautiful pictures of semi-exotic recipes, and the dishes usually aren’t filling enough.

2 Likes

Oh yea, for sure @mtballday - one of the #WinningInTheKitchen premises is that these meals have a prep time of ~ 10 minutes. Not some long drawn out 75 minute epic cooking extravaganza.

Practical, real world -

3 Likes

I told my wife about your great tips for Winning in the Kitchen. She said you can’t win in the kitchen until you start cooking in the kitchen! Please, hurry up with that cookbook please!

1 Like

Well said ! She sounds smart :wink: This is one of our core recipes

For the plant based athletes, sub tofu for eggs or similar protein source. Also tofu and black beans.

1 Like

Love the cook book idea.

Cook book would be awsome!

1 Like