Best vegan/vegetarian guides?

@chris.butler - As far as protein powders in plant-based form, one thing to look for is a complete amino acid profile, so, all 9 essential amino acids. Usually this involves choosing a blend of several different proteins like brown rice, pea AND hemp, etc. Vega is really good about this. But honestly, I think the brown rice protein unfortunately gives it a really grainy flavor that isn’t my favorite. Yellow pea is actually a complete protein by itself, as well, but I’m not sure about the taste. What I like in terms of taste is straight-up hemp protein powder from Nutiva, but I am aware that I am sacrificing some aminos that way, and can’t rely on it. Another that has a wonderful flavor is this: https://thrivemarket.com/p/garden-of-life-plant-based-protein-powder-organic-vanilla - but it comes in such small bags and is not super-economical. I think that’s why we all prefer getting our protein from food than from powders. Better taste, better economy & more chance of getting all of the aminos!

1 Like

I use the Vegan Pro vanilla protein powder is every smoothie. It gives it the best slight vanilla flavor and goes with all fruit! It also leaves me feeling fuller longer than any other of the protein powders I’ve tried.
This is my all-time favorite and recommended it to anyone who is looking for the best tasting vegan protein powder for their smoothies, workout drink or even added to protein balls.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information. it was exactly what i was looking for.

“How not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger.
“Plant-Based Athlete”
For cookbooks, I couldn’t recommend Southern Vegan , East Meets Vegan , Thug Kitchen which has apparently changed their name to Bad Manners, and a vegan baking cookbook I scored at goodwill :slight_smile: