Road/Gravel Quiver Killer

Trek mechanic who works on my domane runs 42s also.

1 Like

I have my Drifter which can do it all, but it isn’t an all out race bike. It can do light single track and such, but a mountain bike does it better. It does ride gravel/dirt and rough rounds great though. It does ride good on the road and over single track, but there are sections that you would definitely be under biking. It is still my favorite bike!

I also have a Chebacco and it can pretty much do the same type of riding with a little less rear clearance, but a little lighter. It is an excellent bicycle, but a pure road bike is still better for strictly road rides. A mountain bike is still better over more technical trails. Still an absolutely killer bike though!

Since I have been riding a lot more off road these two bikes work for me and are just different enough to keep things interesting.

I did just build up a Battaglin to ride on the road when I feel like it. I have not had it out much yet, but it will do for now and the Winters up here give me plenty of opportunities to ride my carbon fat bike.

I am currently running both of my gravel bikes 650b, but have a set of 700c for the Parlee if I want to switch things up and am building up a set of 700c carbon wheels with Dt 240s hubs once the rims arrive.