𝘽𝙇𝙐𝙀𝘽𝙀𝙍𝙍𝙔 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙋𝙊𝙏𝙀 is this weeks #winninginthekitchen recipe! Packed with fiber & omega 3’s from the chia seeds and tons of antioxidants from the blueberries… this recipe is 𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚 and pairs well with a lot of foods, like our oat flour pancakes (will be in those meal plans ) or a big bowl of oatmeal!
𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚’𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩:
- measure out 2 cups of frozen blueberries and place them in a small sauce pan over medium to high heat
- cook for 5-7 minutes, mashing the berries occasionally
- add in 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey and a pinch of salt
- remove from heat and add in 1.5 tbsp of chia seeds & mix well
- let sit for 10-15 minutes while it thickens up
- place in a jar and store in the fridge for up to a week
This recipe makes about 10 tbsp of the compote (or 5 servings). You can also make it with any other berries that you like… so feel free to get creative .