Whats happened to the new 16 weeks of SS plan?

Then you will need to get the trainer road workout builder and create your own workouts, while understanding Franks caveats above. I personally dont like using erg for anything as it just feels different to me. using gears forces me to change cadence etc. You can take trainer road out of erg mod and use resistance or some such

Hope this helps.

I only train inside about 5 times a year. Wahoo bought RGT, and it still supports free mode. My entire week from TrainingPeaks is available right now on Wahoo RGT:

Today these are the free courses:

and

If I had to do that today, I’d pick Leuven, do it in sim mode which makes it like doing intervals outside, and have the workout on my Garmin 530 computer:

Default Workout Comparison Tempo

You want to ride in Erg mode. I believe that is supported on RGT free, but not 100% certain.

This past winter I rode a couple times for free on RGT, and once on Zwift.

Right now I can also see today’s TP workout in Zwift.

Even if I did most of my workouts inside, after two years of TR and Erg, I came to realize that sim mode is the most powerful mode on my Kickr. And then level/slope/standard mode. I’d rather look at the ‘grey bars’ on my Garmin 530 and have workouts be on the same screen both inside and outside.

Back when I was using TrainerRoad plans, I kept hearing the podcast talk about reducing cognitive load. So I figured why have inside and outside screens be different? Put TR outside workout on my Garmin for a couple of weeks, using level/slope/standard mode (setting in TR), and came to realize it was so much better for me.

Worth giving a try, or if you truly insist on mentally checking out while training, try RGT free in Erg mode.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

was that not you on the trainer road forum that said you weren’t renewing trainer road do to cost?

That’s a bit of a creepy comment to make. Are you stalking me? And anyway, my current financial situation is none of your business.

Why not make the workout yourself using TrainingPeak’s workout builder? It would then transfer into TrainerRoad.

But theres no workout to make. Could you give me an idea of what sort of workout to make and use? Sorry im rather novice at this.

I haven’t got the new 16week version, but on the previous 18week version it gave you a target of 20-60mins sustained efforts in the sweetspot zone and a TSS figure. My understanding of these sessions is that they aren’t purposely structured, but rather a more if you like ‘organic’ way to accumulate TSS and time in the sweetspot zone.

So you could make a workout in Training Peaks that has various lengths of sweetspot intervals to accumulate the required time in zone, or you could pick an existing TrainerRoad workout to get your sweetspot in and extend either the warmup, cool down or both and ride them in your zone 2 until you get somewhere near the TSS you want. I found when I used TrainerRoad that approach rather boring, so like others above have suggested I now use Zwift for these sort of rides as it allows a more natural way of doing them, also if you’ve got TrainingPeaks and you’re following a Fascat plan, then I found that cheaper and more flexible than using TrainerRoad. Each to their own though.

1 Like

Many thanks for this.