🔥 Weight Loss Winning in the Kitchen Meal Plan is LIVE

Correct! I would start with 1/2 your bottle of skratch (about 10g of carbs if using 1 scoop) within the first 30 min. Then at the 45 min mark eat 3-4 chews (or about 20g of carbs). Before the first hour is up, aim to finish your skratch. That will put you at ~40g. Then at an 1:10 to an 1:15 have 2 more chews to help you finish the workout. You shouldnt need anything after that :slight_smile:

Fueling is very individualistic. You may feel better with a little more or a little less than I indicated. Start testing it out and let us know what you find works best!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!! It seems like Frank built the plans to eat at the half hour mark in between intervals because there is a break around a half hour in the 4 x 8s I’ve done.

@Lacey_Rivette what is your recommendation on snack timing? I typically try to get my rides in after breakfast and before lunch. When that is the case should I be having my AM snack before I ride? Say breakfast at 6:30 -7am, ride at 10am, ride then lunch at 12. I am thinking snack at 9am or an hour before I get on the bike? Or, sometimes I ride super early and in that case I will have my snack before my ride and breakfast after from what the meal plan is saying.

I would aim to have it before you ride, yes! That way you eating just enough to top off your blood glucose and do not feel hungry during the ride. Alternatively, if you eat a later dinner you could space both of your snacks out between your lunch and dinner.

And yes, for early workouts do your snack before and then breakfast after :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the Sweet & Salty Brussels bowl is it 2 cups of carrots and 2 cups of sweet potatoes, or butternut squash or 2 cups of total carrots, sweet potatoes?

Two cups total of either carrots, butternut squash or sweet potatoes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome thanks! Some local fresh squash going in this batch! I love fall in New England!

Ahhh, i am slightly jealous! I am a sucker for any type of squash & fall is the best time to snag some from the local farmers markets.

1 Like

Yummyyy

2 Likes

@Lacey_Rivette I am starting my 10 week strength session tomorrow. Should I move around what I’m eating so the rest days line up? It looks like Thursday is the only rest day :grinning:.

“Plate” of health :yum: Everyone should buy this plan!

1 Like

Hey Josh!

You could opt to leave the plan as is since the thursday meals are only slightly higher in calories compared to mondays and fridays (typical rest days). Your weekly average will still be met without making any changes too. However if you really want to optimize the meal plan while in the resistance training phase you could do the following:

On all the mondays, increase your breakfast to 3 eggs or bump up the amount of protein you use at one of your meals by 2 ounces (about 1/4 cup). This will aid in muscle recovery from your resistance training. Then do the following for your thursdays and fridays:

Week 1: Thursday have 3/4 cup oats at breakfast and omit the granola with your fruit for the snack, then on friday replace the popcorn with the Winning in the kitchen granola and a cup of blueberries.

Week 2: Thursday have 3/4 cup oats at breakfast and omit the popcorn, then on friday have 2 eggs for breakfast.

Week 3: Omit granola on thursday and then on friday have the granola and 1 cup of berries in place of the carrots and hummus

Week 4: Reduce oats to 3/4 cup for breakfast and then friday simply have a banana in place of the blueberries with your granola :slight_smile:

1 Like

YOU ARE CRUSHING IT JOSH! Love seeing you #FtFMP :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!!

1 Like

Just a short post to say thanks to @Lacey_Rivette for putting this together- I’m in week 2 and finding it easier than I thought- I guess that’ the meal prep and the recipes! Missing dairy but cows will still be there when done! I signed up because I wanted to take the guess work out of portions (rocket more, carbs less!) / nutrition and didn’t want to have to figure this all out for myself. One suggestion for the future could be to look at soups or food a bit more seasonal etc… but that’s just a suggestion for the future!
One question- appreciate we are all different, different starting points, metabolism, activity beyond the plan etc… but what is a healthy range of weight loss one could expect?

3 Likes

Thanks for the compliment! Its extremely rewarding to hear our athletes are finding the plans easy to follow and know that they are moving towards their goals.

I like the soup suggestion and could very likely come up with a recipe that would be equivalent to one of the current meals in the plan, like say a tortilla soup in place of the burrito bowl!

Weight loss will vary from person to person, for many factors as you mentioned. However the plan is set up to put you in a 400-750 calorie deficit from your calorie needs (calculated using energy needs or normal daily activities + physical activity in our training plans). Now someone may be more active than this and their calorie deficit might exceed this. Thus, it is feasible for an athlete to expect to see 3/4 to 1.5 lb weight loss per week.

Due to the nature of how weight loss works, you might see a little more weight loss in the first two weeks. So don’t be discouraged if you see weight loss slowly decline after this.

2 Likes

Hello Lacey, how about post workout shakes during the 4 weeks? Are we removing them entirely during the program?

@clubgiant, the only “post workout protein shake” that I recommend is for athletes 170+ and only during the weight lifting phase. This is because their protein needs are already higher than smaller athletes and when doing resistance training, those protein needs increase even further. Since these ahletes are on a calorie restricted diet, it can be hard to achieve those protein goals through food alone.

Now for other phases of training and for the vast majority of athletes, I encourage them not to rely on a shake to meet their nutritional needs. Rather, to focus on incorporating more whole, unproccessed foods into their diet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Lacey, just purchased meal plan and it uploaded to TP. In what section is the above chart located in? I am a gf vegan with allergies to soy and quinoa so this chart will be helpful.
Thanks!

The suggestions for swaps are located in all of the recipes and within the grocery list there are suggestions for what to buy if you are vegan. Since you have a soy allergy, I suggest replacing the edamame with 1 cup carrots and 2-3 tbsp hummus or 1/4 cup dried chickpeas. For quinoa, just use rice, millet or another gluten free grain in its place.

Also, I keep an extra container of tempeh and tofu in the fridge as back up so you dont run out :slight_smile: