Weight Loss Training Plan/Dry Rice

I’m loving the weight Loss plan Lacey and Frank, but the only trouble I’m having is trying to store my cooked rice. Either my tupper ware set isn’t quite killer enough, or I’m doing something wrong. My rice is perfect the night I cook it, but by day 2,3 and 4 its dries and hard. Any thoughts or suggestions?
2 weeks in…, 5 lbs down!

3 Likes

Add a little water to the rice when you heat it up.

Ed

3 Likes

Congrats on the progress @waynefbarlow, that is awesome!

A killer set of tupperware that is airtight is helpful. This is a set that we like and is readily available at most stores. I am also a big fan of glass pyrex.

@edward.krasnai was spot on with the water. You can add ~1- 2 tbsp per cup when you reheat it and I like to cover it with a plate or microwave safe dish cover to help it steam.
When you saute the rice (like in the salmon watts and rice n’ eggs) that helps to make it not as dry too!

1 Like

a good set of glass storage containers with airtight lids is a great investment. Helps with the rice, along with a little water. I unlock the lid and leave a small air gap to get some steaming action, but not have the lid get vacuu-sealed during heating.

2 Likes

Thanks all! Will give it a go!

1 Like

I have found that really rinsing the rice good also helps. This is also key if you are making rice cakes for on the bike fuel.

1 Like

This is true! It helps to remove excess starch which makes it fluffier and less sticky :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

For all things Rice related I defer to Mr Allen Lim from Skratch Labs. 1 wash for every cup and 1.5 cups of water for every 1 cup of rice and your day old rice will be as amazing the first day. Also you want drop a couple drops of water onto you day old rice before heating it to help bring some moisture back. Enjoy!

2 Likes