Waffling on a Rocker Plate

With my weekend rides scheduled to lengthen I’m waffling on adding a rocker plate under my Wahoo Kickr bike. This one looks almost identical to the KOM. This one says doesn’t work with Kickr bike. The KOM says it does. Any thoughts?

There is a Facebook page that has a ton of information about rocker plates called “Rocker Plates”. There are a lot of DIY rocker plates within this group and individuals who have purchased the Lifeline Rocker. May be worth joining the group and asking the question.

3 Likes

So I am on the said FB page and love my rocker plate. I had someone send me their cutout template and parts all for around $500 shipped. Came to me with no issues in shipping and have been using it for about 1.5 years. It has left to right movement as well as front to back.

I also bought a kit to install my trainer on the rocker plate so there are no issues at all.

Highly recommend grabbing one

3 Likes

Happy with my SBR Rockr pod, had it a couple years. I hate the trainer with an unholy passion though so I try not to use it :joy: Second the fb group, and there’s a large thread on the TR forum regarding the plates.

3 Likes

I ended up making my own a couple years ago. I didn’t do fore and aft because I read it didn’t make that much of a difference. The rocker plate is nice during the winter months during long indoor rides to keep it a little more interesting. To be honest, I don’t notice a huge difference in comfort between static trainer and using a rocker plate. The mechanics of being out of the saddle are just not the same as being outdoors.

A rocker plate makes a difference. Let’s say it makes riding indoors 25% more comfortable and I am glad I built one. Total cost was less than $200.

4 Likes

I and several of my club mates have been using this hack this winter with either Pinky Hi-Balls or Penn Ultra-Blue racquetballs. Costs less than $5. DollarStore Rocker Plate - YouTube

1 Like

This is the one I just bought to give a try since it was on sale. While they may say it doesn’t work, there are people on the forum that have used the KICKR with it, including the Climb. Get mine Monday so I can report back later next week.

1 Like

I finally pulled the trigger on a KOM rocker. Called the company direct and they gave me the Amazon price and free UPS shipping. Scheduled to be here Thursday. Good thing, it’s winter in South Dakota and I’ve got some long rides I need to get in. I think Saturday is one football game of sweet spot on Zwift

2 Likes

DIY “rockit” plate. I have one at home and liked it so much that I threw one together when on a week-long vacation. Cheap, sturdy, and you’ll never go back.

1 Like

Late to the party, but everyone covered the bases. I’m the operator of the FB page and the Rockit Launcher above. Feel free to comment here or shoot me a private message if you have any questions. :smiley:

3 Likes