Training when Whoop is red

What is are your views on training when Whoop gives a Red recovery indicator?
I moved a SS session to the next day, giving me a rest day, but if this happens 2 -3 times in a week, I find I run out of days get the weekly TSS in.
What would take precedence, Whoop or TP?

Coach @Isaiah may have to fill in as he is more versed in the Whoop than I am. I actually just got one myself for this reason. I want to be able to see how it functions, the body responds to the training, metrics compared to TrainingPeaks and etc.

I would be careful adjusting too many days. Then you start down the worm hole of putting too many hard days back to back trying to get the weekly TSS in and than not recovering from that block. Our training plans are built so that you should be able to complete the amount work if you get the proper recovery, sleep, food and etc.

1 Like

This is yet one more reason why you always #FtFP

“There is no such thing as overtraining, just under-recovering”

1 Like

@c4col

If you know that you have a lot going on in life and the whoop lines up with that, then that is when your whoop is a good warning sign. I usually advise athletes to use whoop more as an indication of what you “might” feel, but not a hard yes or no on if you should do your workout.

1 Like