Sweet spot 1 review

Having been riding bikes since for over ten years, in the first instance just to improve my fitness.
Finding that I wanted more from my riding I then moved into club & state based racing in multiple disciplines.

During the early years of racing I didn’t know why I wasn’t improving at the same rate as others around me. At that point I took on a coach and I went to being the last to finish a race to winning the same race in the following year.

Having a structured approach to my riding was important and helped me improve in a way that I couldn’t have done it on my own. After a minor level of success, life got n the way of my riding and I stopped riding, and have had multiple attempts at reviving my cycling goals, but I was not consistent enough to meet my own expectations.

Then Covid hit, and I needed to get moving for both physical and mental reasons #RidingOffTheCrazy!
I started just Riding on Zwift but it didn’t fully meet my needs, and that is where I found FasCat.

At first I was going to do the 32 week Off Season program, but I wasn’t sure if I was going to lose interest or if the program had everything in it that I wanted. So I decided to start small and picked the Sweet Spot 1 program.

For me this was a great introduction to FasCat, that gave me a challenging plan over the 6 weeks period.
Along with an increase in my FTP, my fitness has strengthened and my recovery time has reduced. This was a great foundation for me to improve my cycling to a level well on the way to where I want my cycling to be.

I have already signed up to the 18 week Sweet spot program and I am looking forward to further improving my fitness levels and being to keep up with my all race buddies.

Would have been great if the Sweet spot 2, 3 and 4 plans came with a discount offer came with a discount offer that was applied if moving through from the previous plan.

However, I happily endorse that if you are unsure about Fascat, try a program like the 6 Week Sweet Spot 1 as a starting point and you will not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Paul Davey

3 Likes

Hey Paul!

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Congrats on your FTP increase – we are stoked to hear the plan helped you to see improvements and decreased your recovery time. Being recovered is crucial for being able to #FtFP! Looking forward to hearing how the 18 weeks of sweet spotting goes for you.

P.S. We do have a discount for you to use on subsequent training plans – all you have to do is leave a review on one of the training plans you finished (such as your 18 weeks of SS) and then we will shoot you a coupon for 25% off your next plan :slight_smile: