State masters 10/18

Hi coaches,
I am planning on the state masters 60 plus 40k criterium on 10/18. Ive completed weights/ base with ss1 /2 , also ss3 and will be finishing up ss4 on Sunday 8/2. My ctl is currently 67, ftp is 234, it was 181 on January 1.
I’d suspect the criterium/ road interval plan would be next, looks like there is approx 5 unaccounted for weeks to schedule, minus a taper?
Would it be advisable to add a few more weeks of ss4 or start the interval plan 8/2 and continue that for a few extra weeks?
Or am I off base with my thoughts?
Thanks, Tom

1 Like

Hi @tomcaldwell9014 - keep driving your CTL up and up from now till you have 6 weeks until your event. Then switch from base to race with our criterium intervals plan:

Back to raising your CTL , sweet spot 3 is going to be better for that than SS4. So you can repeat some of the weeks from 3 but project out using the performance manager chart what your CTL will be after you populate your calendar with the sweet spot part 3. Hope that helps!

Hi Frank,
This sounds good, as my ctl has been relatively flat on ss4, however ftp has increased. I’ll add in ss3 and start the interval program 6 weeks out.
How should I approach a taper before the event?
Thanks tom