Six weeks until Wilmington Whiteface 100k

So, I reached out to a different source and they confirmed that there will not be a race. They also said to keep an eye out for an upcoming email or announcement regarding this.

2 Likes

I’m considering the uphill race, and a mtb ride, or doing the whiteface course. But would def be up for meeting.

Youphroira Productions confirmed cancelation on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Youphoriaproductions/posts/2381140842030621

This just came from Leadville Race Series on Facebook messenger:

Hi Chris, Unfortunately the Wilmington Whiteface has been canceled for 2021, and you should have received an email yesterday with all the information you need. All participants will be deferred into 2022!

I apologize if this has interfered with your summer plans! If you have any questions, please reach out to Josh at Youphoriacontact@gmail.com.

I didn’t get an e-mail about this.

1 Like

I didn’t get that email. And to be honest I’m kind of over whiteface. Lol. I’ve trained for it 3 times now with no racing. At this point I think I’d rather just get a refund.

2 Likes

For me, WW was a means to get to Leadville, nothing more. I figured that I had a better shot with the elevation than I would at Silver Rush, and Lutsen 99er was the same weekend as another race that I wanted to do. Postponing to 2022 doesn’t do me any good… I wanted to be in Colorado racing next year. Michigan Coast to Coast encountered the same problem with the state limiting participants, so they just kicked the short race over to the next day, offered full refunds and portability between races, and solved the problem. This isn’t rocket science.

2 Likes

@chad.davis I’m with you. A buddy that I was going to do the race with is going to Austin Rattler to try to qualify. I can’t see doing it, November is too long for me and Youphoria is promoting that race as well. I think I’ll keep my distance from any of their events. I can understand the issues with COVID etc but their lack of communication and transparency is a real turn off for me.

3 Likes

Prepare for 100-mile bike ride, the goal is to prepare your body so that it can sustain cycling for the entire trip. You can achieve this by progressively increasing the intensity throughout training until it can withstand 100 miles.