Question about how to adapt a Fondo Advanced plan

Hi, i’m currently using the Indoor/outdoor training plan (great!); further to writing to Frank i bought also and alredy the Fondo advanced plan on TP. it is 7 weeks but i put it to start on 27 January when my indoor/outdoor plan finishes but my gran fondo is in 4 weeks time. how to adapt the plan?

thnaks

Amil

You can edit your plan yourself here’s how:

options are chopping out two weeks and moving them till after your event or just adding in a rest day or two prior to your event and then finish the plan after.

Thanks, luckily I’ve just note the 4th week of the plan (that’s clearly recoverish) fall after my gran fondo. So it fits perfectly without chopping it! Coming from the Indoor/outdoor plan i noted that some of the training in the fondo during the week (i.e not the weekend ones) are about 2 hours. I’m afraid during week i might not be able to go longer than 2 hours becse of work commitments. Did i pick the wrong plan, or can i perhaps just adjusting the week work out cutting proportionally the time of the pahse/number of repetitions?

thanks and apologise for the silly questions!

Amilcare

Hi, I noticed my question above was not asnwered. The essnecei the following should i ask you for an exchnage plan or should i modify my plan? Coming from the Indoor/outdoor plan i noted that some of the training in the fondo during the week (i.e not the weekend ones) are about 2 hours. I’m afraid during week i might not be able to go longer than 2 hours because of work commitments. Did i pick the wrong plan, or can i perhaps just adjusting the week work out cutting proportionally the time of the pahse/number of repetitions? thnaks for le tme know!

@amilcare81

If you are struggling with the training time in the plan version you purchased then yes you could trade out to a different version. This however will effect total time (so weekends as well). Your other option is adjusting your plan yourself to decrease the volume during the week but leaving the volume the same on the weekends.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks; my point is that I’m still on the indoor/outdoor intermediate plan but bought the fondo plan (start on next monday) and realized that there is no chance i can do the average 2 hours rides during week (no issues on weekends). just wondering whether you suggest me to keep the fondo plan and shorten the weekly ride to 1h15’/30 or can swap me to for the indoor/outdoor avanced. thanks again

@amilcare81

I suggest you adjust your fondo plan.