Muscle tension workout

Just started the 10 week weight lifting plan and did the first 3 x 10 muscle tension workout today. Holy cow! Not sure what’s going to snap first my 50 year old knees or my 2 week old chain but I’m hoping for the latter. Would it be reasonable to raise the upper end of the cadence to 70 or would I be losing the benefit of the workout. really a hypothetical question because I already know the answer. :rofl:

2 Likes

Right, 60 RPM is a bitch huh?!?!

1 Like

This is my third time through the weights/base plan and my 49 year old knees like a little faster than 60, but I think the focus is the push pull action - that I do tend to avoid - so I try to mimic a big hill where pushing is a necessity. It is almost a mental action rather than physical.

1 Like

Im in the last week of the weight training and for sure those 40 to 60 rpm make you feel uncomfortable but you see the result when you go to your next training, more likely sweet spot

2 Likes

thanks for your comments @ethansatler and @ivancampos . I try to shift to the back of my saddle at the beginning and engage my glutes which seems to take some stress of the knees. I did these muscle tension intervals about 15 years ago when I was much younger so it feels all new to me. I look forward to reaping the benefits later in the season.