HRV training resting

Hi Fascat and fellow riders

I am wondering if anyone using HRV data for workouts and rest days?
If so what is the best way to incorporate HRV to our Fascat Plan ?
I know somehow the Loop can do that but is out of my Financial reach :frowning:
It’s sound a great idea but very technical and psychological I think

Many thanks
Lucsi

I was a Whoop user for years and the data it collected was really insightful. Unfortunately in global pandemics the money well runs dry and Whoop had to go, but I continue to record HRV through my Apple Watch. In fact I’ve pretty much replaced a Whoop with apps on the watch. Of course I don’t get the feedback like I do with Whoop but I have a handle on how my body feels and can relate to it.

The one thing I would say is that sometimes the numbers can get in your head. I train in the morning and if my HRV had tanked I would use that as an out. Now I carry on and if things are bad I look for the reason and not the excuse.

Thank you Adam
I do have Apple Watch and it stopped uploading my HRV to TrainingPeaks
I am looking also if the HRV is high or low but this is not a good pointer if I am ready to train or not

Of course I am listening to my body when to start or stop. I would like to understand how the HRV is helping us to understand the readiness

Thank you
Lucsi

From my understanding it is all a bit personal when it comes to HRV.
First you need to know your baseline to know if you are trending up or down. Generally higher readings mean sympathetic impulse and so able to take more strain. However HRV can change so quickly with so many variables; diet, hydration and external stress. So the magic source is take a reading with no other inputs; Whoop does this during your sleep. Then combine that with a resting heart rate to gauge if you are good to go.

On the app front I use Autosleep and his measures hrv and gives a ‘readiness’ score. Then with HealthFit you can push all your metrics from Apple Health to TrainingPeaks. Both apps are one off payments so no recurring subscriptions :+1:

1 Like