Heart rate based plan Intervals for Road Racing

from training plan athlete, Wim:

Dear Frank,

*I just bought the 6 week Intervals for road racing plan (intermediate). This is the third plan I bought from you and so far I was really happy with all of them. Now it seems there is no heart rate based program in my training peaks? This does not work for me as I don’t have a power meter. Is there a heart rate based version available? *

Regards,

Wim

Hi Wim! Our plans are zone based Zone 2, sweet spot, zone 5 - so the plans are the same whether you have heart rate or power. TrainingPeaks has a feature called the workout builder that specify heart rate or power but the workouts that we design are the same. Unfortunately switching between the two is not a feature and we were forced to choose one and we choose power. Physiologically the workouts are the same.

That said, we do offer a 100% money back guarantee and will happily give that to you if you want? Just let us know - thanks & we do apologize.

Hey Frank,

I don’t really understand what you are saying. Is it that you will not be making heart rate based plans anymore? If that is the case I unfortunately want a refund. It didn’t seem a problem to get them in the past.

If the heart rate plans are discontinued I’m afraid I have to look elsewhere…

Regards,

Wim

1 Like

Wim,

Just sent you an email in regards to getting you this plan.

Just to help the community here TrainingPeaks forces us to choose HR or Power so we choose Power due to demand. We wish one could switch between power and heart-rate based workouts in TrainingPeaks but this is not a TrainingPeaks feature.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing a HR verdien. Highly appreciated. Thank you for the service.

1 Like

Wim.

Just get a power meter… problem solved and your training will immensely benefit. Look used online if you are price sensitive.

1 Like