Hammerhead Karoo 2?

Anyone using the Hammerhead Karoo 2 and willing to share their real world experience with the unit? Outside workouts, Garmin Varia rear light integration, mounting unit and general ease of use are some specific questions that come to mind. Seems like they are gaining a lot of traction and with SRAM purchasing them I would guess it will only get better. Also I was not sure what category to use for the topic as there is not one for Technology. Thanks in advance for any comments!

1 Like

I just got mine this week, so will try to remember to give an update after a few outdoor rides. The SRAM acquisition made me take the leap. I have been using the Garmin 830, which I am pretty happy with, but was intrigued by the display on the Karoo. So far, the Karoo has been great-the user interface is a notable improvement over the Garmin and set-up, including sensor setup, was very easy. My FasCat training in TP synced and did an indoor workout with it. The workout page is OK, a little better than the Garmin, but not as good as Wahoo IMO. I am currently only using the Garmin mount adapter that comes with it-it works, but seems a little tight on some of my Garmin mounts, so am a little concerned about the longevity of the adapter or damage it may cause the Garmin mounts. Since it is more the size of a Garmin 1030 than the 830, make sure your current mounts are long enough to accommodate the size-it works for about half my mounts. Loading routes is easier as well, as you can load the route to an online dashboard that will sync with the unit. No regrets so far, and they do have a 45 day return policy.

1 Like

Great, thank you for posting! I have the Garmin 830 and wish I would have never bought it. Not because its a bad unit. I just cant see the darn display! :slight_smile: Also, nice to hear the outside workout display is better as well.
That is a really big part of my decision along with ease of use. Thanks again!

1 Like

I’ve had mine for about a year now. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Hammerhead Karoo. Zero problems, and it just keeps getting better. They key is that they run on top of an Android OS, so they waste no dev cycles maintaining the OS. They just focus on building new features and have added a lot since I got it. I’ve owned both Garmin and Wahoo head units in the past and Garmin especially gave me lots of headaches with synchronization and uploads. I have lots of friends with the Garmin 1030 and wouldn’t trade the Hammerhead for that. Also, it’s $200 less than the 1030.

1 Like

Great, thank you for the feedback!