Event After Break, 9 weeks Out

Just finishing my break week and have applied a 6 week gravel plan targeting a gravel race on 19 October. I have put this into TP along with some scheduled group rides between now and the start of the 6 week plan. Looking for a little guidance for training rides to prep for the 6 week gravel plan. Thanks, you guys are killing it on the podcasts and the info you are supplying.

Hey Kip!

So you are finishing up a round of intensity with preparation of your races, so it might be a good time to do some sweet spot training. The great thing is you will have intensity with your many group rides planned so the other days you can do your aerobic work. This will lead into more sweet spot and threshold with the gravel plan. Gravel races tends to be a race a race of attrition so building with a ton of sweet spot will really help.

Bummer that your goal event was cancelled, but you have a good attitude about it. Not much you can do. Racing is tough and the strongest doesn’t always win. The more races you do and experience you have the more you will be able to play out those finishes out better.

So I will go into TrainingPeaks and put in workouts between now and then.

1 Like

Jake,
Thanks for taking the time to make the updates! I’m on it. Gravel race is going to be legit, need to get ready for it. What you put together will do it. Thank you!

2 Likes