Cyclocross Plans Order

CROSS IS COMING!

I’ve just finished the Fascat “Sweetspot” plan and then a “Gravel” plan to participate in the Southern California Belgian Waffle Ride… the plans work!

That said, I’d like to start thinking about my upcoming 2019 CX season…

@Brandon – which FC plan (or plans) should I be lining up to get fit for the season, knowing that my biggest issues previously were high bursts of power on demand and a tremendous lack of bike handling skills? I’ll start this new plan in mid/late May.

@FRANK – can you point me to where I can sign up for that $29/month training peaks monitoring?

Thanks team for everything you do!

Here is the order of progression for our six week cyclocross specific plans. You can begin the CX Summer Sweet Spot now:

Those plans may be found here also in a left to right progression:
https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/?filters=product_cat[164]

We also have the entire 5 plan bundled here at an 18% discount:
https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/cyclocross-season-training-plan-bundle/

Hup hup HUP!!!

2 Likes

Love it!

@FRANK – where can I get that Training Peaks monitoring set up? Any additional details on that?

hang tight on that we haven’t gotten that all set jut yet

@ianricher apologies for not chiming in. Looks like Frank has you covered!

1 Like

Hi- I am currently preparing for a gravel race on July 6th, then will be focused on prep for CX. Would you recommend ‘CX summer sweet spot’ over ‘6 weeks to CX’ in the following progression? I would like to boost my CTL/FTP prior to CX season and shorter intensity fitness (1’-5’) comes a lot easier to me than 30-60’ /FTP. In the past I’ve also tended to fade as CX season wears on. I don’t have time for an 18 week progression before my main races in October.
SS2 > SS3 > gravel (hilly) ??CX summer sweet spot?? >> CX intervals
thanks! Marc

Hi Marc - if you want to build CTL thru the summer for CX you would build from now until August 1st and which point you’d begin the ‘Six Weeks to Sweet Spot’ Plan. The July 6th gravel race would be part of your build.

I think that’s 10 weeks for 2-4 ramp rate + a couple of rest weeks and you should be able to do a nice build.

1 Like

If you’re doing the math at home it’s about 15 weeks to the start of cyclocross season!

1 Like

How are the individual plans in the CX bundle pushed to Training Peaks? All at once? Every 6 weeks?

The are individual plans, but downloaded in all at once. By entering the correct start dates it all connects together nicely.

1 Like

https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/fascat-coaching-subscription/

Hi,

I’m seriously looking at your CX training plans, but have some questions that I really hope you don’t mind me asking first - I’ll keep them as brief as possible as I’m sure you are really busy.

A little background: I live in the UK and am a cat 3 road / top 5 local TT / top 10 regional CX league rider. My 1 hour FTP is currently around 300w. I didn’t start racing road / TT this year till end of May (following Jan off / Feb - April base / April - May build) as I would like to race CX till end Jan as per our calendar over here, so am currently still fresh and motivated :slight_smile:

So the questions:

1. I still have a few RRs / crits / TTs left before CX season begins - basically one race per weekend. Nothing too important though I’m keen to ride them as I feel like I’ve had so little racing this year (and need to justify owning my TT bike!) but can happily treat them as C races; but can they be incorporated into my training plan? I’m happy to buy the coaching subscription if necessary if that’s the way to work this in.

2. Assuming that’s all good then we are good to go, in which case I’m wondering if you’d agree with the following strategy and which options you’d recommend:

nb I have an A race - a regional champs TT - on 11th Aug so will be doing a 2 week taper into that, but thereafter…

• Mid Aug for 6 weeks: Six Weeks Till Cyclocross (my first CX race is mid Sept) OR CX Intervals

• Endish Sept for 6 weeks: CX Intervals OR Race and Recover

• Start Nov: Six Weeks to Peak for Nationals

OR would the Secret Training Plan work better for me given that I’ll be coming into it already with a few months over unders / Vo2 max etc work in my legs?

Again, I genuinely hope you don’t mind the questions - I’m finding it an initially tricky call to make especially as from what I can see on your website all your plans look so good it’s hard to determine what’s best!!! Pretty soon I hope to win the lottery / get promoted in work / have a divorce so I have the income to actually hire you as a coach, but till then I am hoping to make a plan work and am really excited about giving it a go.

1 Like

Hi there @urban.spaceman - thanks for the q and I think you are on the right track: do the cyclocross plans in this order:

with the Key for you is that you’ll start with our Six Weeks TILL Cyclocross. It very important you do that plan before the season begins because it has all the running, skills work, strength and conditioning and of course the diabolical cyclocross specific intervals.

Good luck, FtFP and let us know if you have any more q’s :muscle:

1 Like

You could certainly add in some Secret Training elements written about in the blog posts to the plans Frank suggests!

1 Like