CTL for miners in Canada

Hi,

I am a 37years old female that works 12 hours shift in a mine as a geologist so I do mostly office work, I come home for 14 days so it’s a rotation of 14 days on and 14 days off.
I train for gravel in the spring, crits and cross-country mtb in the summer and cross for the fall. I wonder how much I can train when I am at work after my 12 hrs shift, I want to keep a good balance but so far I am able to do 5-7 hrs training per week and 8-12 hrs a week at home. I want to find a way for me to improve despite my particular lifestyle,

Thank you fastcats!
Roxanne

I am 37 years old women who works on shifts durin

1 Like

Plan it that one week of work is the regeneration week and the second week of work is the first week of a training block which is the shortest. Then build the following two weeks with the increased volume and intensity.

Our training g plans are designed that way. Check out our gravel plan or our mountain bike ones.

https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/?filters=product_cat[219]

https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/?filters=product_cat[163]

1 Like

Yes, the beauty of the PMC Chart is that its flexible. So ride what you can during your shift weeks and see what your ramp rate is and then ride more during your off weeks and your ramp rate will be higher. Manage your CTL build that way.

37 years old, shifter worker: strive to hit a peak CTL of 85-ish and then race in season in the 70’s

Thanks, it gives me a good idea :slight_smile:

Questions again :slight_smile: so I bought a 6weeks sweetspot plan (basic 4-8hrs a week) and yes I noticed the regeneration week, which is a good idea especially when I do overtime at work! But my question is: When i am at work 2-2:30 hrs on the trainer is a lot for me when there are days that says group ride (which I am not allowed anyways) what could compensate? 1:00 or 1:30 zone 2 instead? Or tempo intervals? More sweetspot intervals? To me 4-6hrs of training at work is the most I can do… thanks FasCats :slight_smile: