Combining Sweet Spot Plans

Hello,

I have purchase sweet spot parts 1-3 separately over time (SS1-Basic, SS2-Intermediate, SS3- Advanced) and I have a few questions.

First- What is the best way to integrate these with rest in between? Is it possible to get the full 18 weeks as one plan with the SS1 section at the basic level (not able to commit a lot of time during ski season)?
Second- Can I switch the SS3 plan to intermediate?

Thanks!

Hey @ghesketh76
Unfortunately I am not able to swap those out for the 18 weeks while still keeping part 1 at the basic level (you would have to get all of them as basic or all as intermediate. I am more than happy to swap your SS part 3 to the intermediate level though!

From there you can put the plans together within your training peaks calendar. To do this you would:

1. Do SS part 1
  2. Roll directly into SS part 2, but instead of the Field test, do 2 x 20 minute sweet spot.
  3. Move the regeneration week in SS part 2 up form week 4 to week 2 of the sweet spot 2 plan (aka week 8).
  4. Then do weeks 2, 3 and 5. (Now you are at 11 weeks)
  5. Repeat the regeneration week from week 4 (this will be week 12).
  6. Start with week 6 & roll into SS part 3. Again do 2 x 20 minute sweet spot instead of the Field test.

Basically you will be doing a 3 week build and every 4th week youll have a regeneration week.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

Just swapped out SS part 3 from advanced to intermediate for you :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks so much for your help Lacey. I’ll edit my training peaks accordingly!

1 Like

Is there any need to re-test during that 18 week period? Or is it fine to work under the same numbers since its base training?

@ghesketh76
Just do the field test at the beginning of SS part 1 and then you can do another after SS part 3 is completed (which will likely be included in the next plan you purchase :slight_smile: )

1 Like