Cheaha Challenge Training Plan

Hi Coaches,

I am getting ready to switch from “base” to “race” ahead of the Cheaha Challenge in late May. It’s 100 miles with roughly 10,000 feet of climbing. I am aiming to race the event and be competitive within my division.

I have a solid base after following your 10 week resistance training program then doing 12 weeks of sweet spot. My biggest limiter will be my lack of long rides since I live in Northern Michigan and we still have snow on the ground. Most of my training to this point has been on Zwift.

Anyway, wondering if you would recommend the Fondo training plan for the weekend long rides, the road race training plan since I want to be competitive or the hill climb program for the climbing? Or maybe a combination of these?

If I start the program six weeks ahead this puts me at April 6 so I still have a few weeks of sweet spot to finish off the base.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Dave Cencer
Cadillac, MI

@davecencer

I would recommend our Hill Climbing Training Plan

The climbing will be the biggest factor in your race for sure so you will want to dial that in👌

Good luck at the Cheaha Challenge!

Awesome, thanks Isaiah! Exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate your response!

2 Likes